Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Day at School

I walk into the building, my backpack weighed down by countless books and papers. Uh, I think. Another day at school.
First Period: Math with Mr. D
There are some things that you should know about Mr. Denning. First off, he doesn't blink, ever. Now some of you while reading this might think, "Ha, yea right" but I'm dead serious. I've counted the seconds between blinks, my record is 1 minute, 36 seconds. and even then, just a little half eye close thing. Sort of weird, but, whatever. We do a math sheet every day, boring, but reliable. He'll will play some classic rock while we do so, thats always nice. Next
Second Period: Tech Ed with Ms. L
Things to know, shes a pretty normal woman. Which is a nice break from some other teachers I'll get to later. Tech Ed, for all that don't know, is a mixture between shop and computers. Its pretty fun for someone like me. Next
Third Period: Science with Mr. C
Things to know, This teacher is one of the funniest and friendliest you will ever meet. If you want him to give you a super complicated high five every day before class, He'll do it. What about a joke? That too. We once spent an entire day in his class having a Joke Off. He won. (there were people missing that day, he isn't irresponsible). Next
Fourth Period: with Ms. P
Things to know, She is funny and nice, as long as you do your work. If not she'll growl at you (not kidding) and give you a dirty look. (which is not nice right before lunch) Next
Fifth Period: Lunch
Things to know, this can be fun, but only if you know were to sit. Now I try to not classify people whenever I can, but to explain how people sit I think I might have to. Up in the front are the Nerds, next to them the Tough Guys. Farther down the line, this huge clique of girls. They're mostly made up of theatre girls. Next to them sit the un-popular-populars. (They aren't popular, but everyone knows them and likes them) Then another table for Tough Guys. Sitting next to them would be this small clique of girls. (No lablel) After that the popular girls and then the popular boys. I (of course) sit with the popular boys. Next
Sixth Period: Specials with either Mr. O'B, Ms. B, or Mr. E. They all teach Gym Health and Chorus. (in that order.) I'll blog about them later. Next
Seventh Period: Club/advisory (maybe) Some days we have club and others we have advisory
I'll also blog about them later. Next
Eighth Period: History with Mr. Dowl
Things to Know, if I had to pick a favorite teacher, it wold be either Mr. C or Mr. D. This guy is one of the funniest and most sarcastic teachers I have ever known. He is dripping with sarcasm and has the moves to boot. If you had to pick one word to describe him it would be Gesticulate-ore. Every day, he talkes with his hands and feet, you could not listen at all, and still know exactly what he was talking about! (not that I do this often) He can get a little pissed, but I'll take the good with the bad. Next
Ninth Period: Latin with Magistra (latin for teacher)
Things to know, This is a good way to end the day. Latin is a hard subject but with Magistra, it is one of the funniest things I could learn. Inside jokes and movies are her thing, (right up my ally) and she is what most people call an "entertainer". Every holiday she dresses up and tries her hardest to make people have a good time. A little on the OCD side--she can't teach when people arn't "commited to their seat!" and cracking your knuckles is a no-no. Easy to laugh and learn, Magistra is a great way to end any school day.
So as I walk out of the building and onto the bus I start to think... was it really that bad?

6 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

This post is awesome! Love your writing "voice."

I think teachers should be required to have at least bi-annual joke-offs.

Love your description of the cafeteria zones.

Sandi said...

keep up the good blogging.

Ask Me Anything said...

You are so fortunate to have the kind of teachers you do! I only had one teacher my whole life, Mrs. Lavelle, in 5th grade, that had the same kind of effect. Count your blessings, buddy.

Jonah said...

So where do you sit in the cafeteria? Keep up the great writing!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

LOL, Leo! You have your mother's ability to tell a story - I chuckled all the way through. Take an A!

Suzy said...

Geez Leo, you're making all the so called "grownups" with their blogs look like amateurs!

Stunning writing and story telling, my friend.

Keep 'em comin'